Tuesday 30 September 2008

Actually grumpy free cakes!


This could actually be the funniest packaging ever for cakes. The Fabulous Bakin' Boys have made this limited edition of cupcakes and claim they have “no artificial colours or flavours, no hydrogenated fats and totally grumpy free!”

This is a very bold statement to make but it has half worked for me- I cant stop smiling every time I think about them and I haven't even tried one yet!

Although I can see it is a marketing bluff, the way they make it more consumer friendly by claiming it to be grumpy free, is a marketing area which could be developed. I'm sure, as consumers, we are all tired of the scientific jargon that is thrown across labels but this is much more straight forward and understandable. However I can also see many people taking advantage of the situation and sue companies for false advertising. 

No comments: